UC San Francisco’s Health Hub—an innovation hub and startup studio supporting the next wave of digital health entrepreneurs—has announced the winners of its Digital Health Awards. A press release reports that this awards event celebrates the achievements of innovative companies dramatically improving healthcare with technology. The winners were selected across 13 categories by a team of expert judges in the healthcare and venture capital industries.
The winners were chosen from more than 500 submissions; submissions were open to qualified, mature digital health companies with in-market products that have been used by thousands of patients and have been verified in a validation study or clinical trial. The winners were honoured at a ceremony on the UCSF Mission Bay campus on 10 October. They were:
- Application of AI: Livongo
- Behavioral Health Company: Sana
- Consumer Wellness & Prevention: Butterfly Network
- Digital Diagnostic—Cardiovascular: Nanowear
- Digital Diagnostic—Cancer: Flatiron Health
- EHR—Data Interoperability: Qventus
- EHR—Patient Engagement: Luma Health
- Employer Wellness & Prevention: SWORD Health
- FemTech: Wildflower Health
- Mental Health: Meru Health
- Patient Cost Savings: Grand Rounds
- Remote Care & Diagnostics: AliveCor
- Telemedicine: Doctor on Demand.
Mark H Goldstein (general partner, Builders VC), chairman of the UCSF Health Hub, says: “Despite advancements in technology, healthcare remains one of the most complex, difficult systems to navigate not only for patients but for providers as well. We are honoured to shine a spotlight on the entrepreneurs making the brave steps to transform this industry to the benefit of everyone who needs to access care in an affordable and practical way. Our winners represent the top echelon of thinking in this space and we’re excited to see what they do next.”
According to a press release, the reach of digital health remains limited by a lack of knowledge on the potential of these technologies. UCSF Health Hub established the Digital Health Awards aims to spread awareness for the leading digital health companies transforming patient care, so that today’s cutting-edge technologies can have an even broader reach to better people’s lives and decrease healthcare costs.