Metactive Medical has changed its name to Artio Medical, effective immediately. Artio Medical was founded in 2014 as a small research and development group focused on developing metal implants for vascular embolisation. The organisation has since grown to include a team, according to a press release, of exceptionally talented medical device professionals and expanded its focus to include flexible polymer implants to address a wide range of clinical needs and market opportunities, including artery, vein and vascular aneurysm embolisation.
In conjunction with the corporate name change, the company has unveiled its new logo and website at www.artiomedical.com. Artio Medical also announced new names for their portfolio of peripheral vascular and neurovascular embolisation products under development, including:
- Solus Gold embolisation device for peripheral vascular embolisation
- Solus Flex embolisation device for peripheral vascular embolisation
- Aneura embolisation coils for peripheral aneurysm embolisation
- Aneura embolisation device for peripheral aneurysm embolisation
- Endura embolisation coils for cerebral aneurysm embolisation
- Endura embolisation device for cerebral aneurysm embolisation.
F Nicholas Franano, president and CEO of Artio Medica, says: “The corporate name change marks an important milestone as we progress toward commercialisation. Artio is a Latin word meaning to place with a tight fit, which aligns with our strategy to design medical devices for precision placement and a hand-to-glove fit.”